Sunday, March 13, 2011

Season of Youth

Life is made up of seasons. What are you doing with yours?



Facebook is a marvelous thing. I have reconnected with people from my past, which for the most part has been a good experience. But, in some ways I can't help but feel embarrassed. Why?? Let's just say some of my decisions back then didn't reflect who I am today. Sure, they can see the "change" now (or I hope so), but how do they remember me from my youth?---I can't take anything back.



How do you want to be remembered in your youth?

You live in a world where sin is all around you. It is thrown at you in television shows, in books, in technology that wasn't even available to me at your age (and I realize I am aging, but I like to think I am not too "old"). This isn't new though. Even though things have been modernized, youths in biblical times were faced with adversity too. Paul gave the warning in 1 Timothy 4:12 "Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity." So, watch what you say...watch what you do...put others above yourself...every breath you take should reflect that you NEED the Lord, and keep away from things that cloud your minds and your bodies.

THE TIME IS NOW!!

The Ecclesiastes writer in the eleventh chapter gives some really good advice.."Rejoice,
O young man in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart, and in the sight oh your eyes; but know for all these God will bring you into judgement, Therefore, remove sorrow from your heart, and put away evil from your flesh, for childhood and youth are vanity. "
(11:9-10) Life is a vapor--so make the most of it today. We are not guaranteed tomorrow. Sure, you will make mistakes--we all fall short. But, as the writer here says---put away evil things!! Get them out of your life!!

Make sure a good name follows you...."A good name is better than precious ointment and the day of death than the day of birth..." Ecclesiastes 7:1. Be that example........

No comments:

Post a Comment