Monday, March 4, 2013

Worry...

Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression,
But a good word makes it glad.
Proverbs 12:25

I didn't realize how much anxiety had overcome me the past couple of months until Friday afternoon.  That day, a huge weight was lifted off my chest.  I finally felt relieved...everything was out in the open and there are no regrets with the decision I had made. 

The only regret I had was.....the worrying that had overcome me since returning from Christmas vacation.  We are talking a good two months.  It contolled my thoughts...my actions....even my emotions.  And I can't take one day of it back and change it.   I know we all have a human tendency to do this, but why?  God wants us...he wants ALL of us!  Jesus himself even taught on this subject. (Matthew 6:25-27) 

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

I definitely did lean on my understanding....not trusting in the Lord.  Take advantage of every opportunity.

 I read a quote that states:
Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.- Corrie Ten Boom

How true is that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment