Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Are you better than.....?????

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER
by Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christthat a man should have to seek Him first to find her.

'When I say ..... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'mclean livin''I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.

'When I say ... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say .... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say ... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it.

When I say ... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain..I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name ..

When I say ... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!


Do you walk into a room, look at others who might be dressed immodestly and think you are better than them? Pride is very deceitful. Satan uses that tool so many times on us! (Proverbs 13:10, Proverbs 16:18, 1Timothy 3:6)

So, how do you perceive yourself as a Christian? Are you a prideful one or do you admit that you can’t be whole without God?


Here are some verses to think about. Grab your Bible and read these humbling words!

  • Colossians 1: 15-17 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
  • Genesis 1:26-27 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
  • Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth and created man on it….
  • 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

We were bought at a price! Jesus came and lived on this earth a PERFECT LIFE and died on that cross for our sins. How many times a day are you tempted and fall? EXACTLY….you have no room to think you are better than someone else just because you are a Christian. You would not be whole without Him!


BTW, did you know that the name “Christian” is only mentioned 3 times (Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28, 1 Peter 4:16). I don’t think we should take being one lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment