Friday, August 17, 2012

I will PRAISE You!

A co-worker of mine has given us a challenge.  For every school day this year, we are to write something down we want to praise or thank God for in our lives.  We have a notebook that we are each recording these starting with Day 181 and counting down (and yes, I can tell you how many school days until summer vacation :) ).  I am extremely grateful for this exercise because I am sad to say....I realize I haven't always really thought long and hard about this!  I realize how spoiled I am.I realize how monetary I am...and it is something that I need to change.  We have to be different.  It isn't about having an ipad, or the best clothes, or an iphone...It is knowing that I am who I am ONLY because of HIM.  I don't know about you, but He has blessed me beyond measure. 


I am sure you have heard the saying before...."What if you woke up one day and had only the things you thanked Him for yesterday.."  What would that look like in your life?


  This is the day that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.        Psalm 118:24


   Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.-Colossians 3:17

..in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. - First Thessalonians 5:18

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment