Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Training Schedule-Psalm 1

Psalm 1:1-2
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly. Nor stands in the path of sinners, not sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.

I have recently picked up running again. I have never been a long distant runner, but I am actually really enjoying myself. I had a goal to run 3 miles, and how was I going to obtain that?
Only by a training schedule. I ran in intervals of walking/running for weeks, then onto just running, then onto running for longer periods of time, until I was able to achieve running 3 miles. If I didn't stick to my training schedule, would I have been able to do that? No!

How is your "training schedule" going in your walk with God? The only way to obtain our prize (heaven) or our goal (to be Christ-like) is to dig into his Word and be plugged-in with your prayer life.
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doc tine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15)
Are you equipped for the race?

Psalm 1:3
He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.

I don't have much of a green thumb. In fact, the flowers that Jackson (my 2 year old son) and I planted yesterday are probably going to wilt up and die...but, a verse that constantly sticks with me is Ephesians 3:20.
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.
I don't have to have a green thumb to have God work through me. I have to be connected. And when I am connected, he can use me as a tool. So I ask again, How is your prayer life? How is your personal study going?

Psalm 1: 4-6
The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Ungodly.... Would you like that word to be used to describe you? So, how can you earn your crown of righteousness (2 Timothy 4:8)? How about study....how about being connected to God through prayer?
For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. (1 Thessalonians 4:7). Holiness...achieve it.

Formulate your training schedule. Get going on your race. There is absolutely NO time to waste!

1 comment: