Monday, June 7, 2010

When the world throws us to the lions....



Daniel--a brave man who stood for what he believed in.

I love the story of Daniel and the lion's den. A man who continued to pray to God even though he wasn't supposed to. A law that cannot be changed. Capital punishment is given by being thrown into the lion's den, but our Almighty God protected him. (Daniel 6)

It is hard for me to understand how Christians were persecuted in the days of the early establishment of the church or even in some parts of the world today. I have never had to deal with that...but what I have faced:

  • betrayal
  • hurt
  • slander
  • gossip

And others I am sure you can relate with...


So, here are some things you need to remember when the world throws you to the lions (these are some points I learned through Wilson Adams--thanks Wilson!)

1. We must be what we've always been.

2. We must do what we've always done.

3. We must trust whom we have always trusted.


Hebrews 13:5-6 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For he Himself has said, " will never leave you nor forsake you. So we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment